Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Relaxing, but working on Manuscript

Today's been a good day. Since my move, things have been a bit hectic. However, sometimes a hectic day is a day where writing comes in. I've been working on this manuscript for almost four months if not more. During this time, I saw a lot of progress shining through. I've been thinking about my first one. How far it has come since words were first place on it. My characters have developed themselves from the beginning to now. It's been an interesting process to see them come to life and hitting the pages. They do most of the work if not all of it. Sounds really odd to a non-writer, but when you think about it, it makes sense. It is for me, one of my joys. That although I know my characters aren't real, they are on the pages. With this particular manuscript, I see a lot of what Raylene goes through through her eyes. It has become a journey for me. I see what she sees, feel what she feels and progress as she progresses. This second manuscript is so much fun for me. I want to bring this to the table for readers as well. I want them to experience things that I experience. This character has taught me personally about not only about herself, but about her world. Most of them do. There isn't one character who hasn't. Granted, there are also some not very nice ones, but they teach too. I love working with all my characters. They bring talent to the table and try to prove who they are to the rest of the world.

No comments: