Friday, April 18, 2014

All Most There...I Can See The End.

I'm exhausted...and I still have a short paper to write for a class. Next week is break for me and as much as I want to sit and do nothing my mind knows there are too many things to accomplish. For example, all of the mundane tasks. On top of all of my tasks is planning my wedding reception with Mom, so that should be fun. Monday is another doctor's visit. Friday is another treatment. Another poem to write for American Poetry--here I go!

Cancer Waltz

You talk a mean talk, hanging out there,
you watch others suffer and you laugh
while you work your dirty, dirty deed.
I must admit, you gave me a scare,
when you'd given me your autograph
though I resisted and tried to pluck your seed.
Hark! I've done it!
Look at you, you little shrew,
Your discolored texture reveals nothing
but the hook you bit.
Wait, you've returned to chew?
Where's my sword? You're not king
       You come as a small mass
       But you're still a pain in the ass
       And I'll win you little bass.

No comments: