Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book teaser trailer #4

The call crackled through the phone system. “Raylene?” it was Harold. I listened, eyes widened, closely to the urgency he displayed. However, his voice was breaking up over the phone. “We…are…crack… being under attacked…crack.”


I focused on the road and the heavy traffic ahead. People were in a hurry to get to work and school. It would suck if a demon were to attack me. At least I would have an excuse why I was late to work. Harold couldn’t get mad at me for that. I smiled, thinking how it was one part of my life that I didn’t have to worry about. The call kept cracking although I focused on our conversation. “Where?”

“Zip code…crack…93704...”

My eyes widened. “That’s Fresno High School!” I exclaimed. “Is Alex..?”

“She just…crack…called me,” he interrupted. “The principle had canceled school for the safety of the students. There was no other way to resume. She is fighting…”

The information didn’t make sense. “Why would Saain want to attack a school?”

“No idea,” he said. “Do you have any weapons on you?”

“Not my guns…” the glove compartment opened, pushing a tray with twin Beretta Storms on it. Ah, good old Tigris and Era, I thought smiling. I love transporters. Just what the good doctor ordered. “Tell Derek I said thank you.”

“Will do, just get there!”

“Roger!” the phone hung up. I focused on what to do next, reaching a hand to one of the guns. “Heng-O, take over the controls and engage cycle mode.”

“Engaging now,” she responded.

The car roof opened as I unbuckled my seatbelt. I climbed onto the roof, when I heard several guns go off. I ducked my head quickly, missing them by a few inches. Ah, Saain has hired new recruits to try to take me out. I cursed at the newest assassins behind me. The bullets flew into the Wendy’s windows next to the university. Ah wonderful, I thought and turned around, firing a few shots at the truck behind me. This just completes my day. My non-firing hand rattled on the rooftop. The car responded by speeding up. Once my legs were through the hatch, I leaped backwards into the air. The gunmen continued to fire. I landed on the truck and smashed the roof in with my fist. I fired and reached a claw in to grab one of them. I threw him out, watching the body hit the car behind us. I needed to be careful on what I was doing because the demon inside wanted out.

No comments: